We are back with more tips and techniques for help achieve and maintain healthy hear. If you haven’t read part 1, then click here. Without prolonging any further, let’s dive into part 2:
- It is better to let your hair air dry after you get out of a shower. Blow drying your hair immediately after a shower will dry all of the moisture out of your hair, leaving your hair frizzy and in need of additional products. The same concept applies for your skin. Have you ever tried washing your face and allowing it to air dry instead of rubbing it with a towel? Air drying will allow for a much smoother feeling for both your hair and skin. That isn’t to say you cannot blow dry your hair, but blow dry after your hair has air dryed about 75%, then blow dry the remaining 25%, or you can apply a pre-styling product right after you shower if you find yourself in a hurry and don’t have the time to let your hair air dry.
- Don’t sleep with sticky and strong holding hair products in your hair. Any products with a medium or strong hold contain certain indregients that allow for your hair to hold a certain style, but if they are left in your hair overnight, then they slowly make their way down to your scalp and clog pores. The best part is that you don’t even have to shampoo your hair to remove the products, simply rinsing your hair with warm, followed by cool water, is enough to remove any strong or medium hold hair products out of your hair. If your unsure about whether or not you should rinse products out of your hair, just look and your hair and see if it holds in one place or moves around freely. If it is able to hold in one place, it is best to rinse the products out with water.
- Avoid pulling your hair tightly. Styles such as braiding or a pony tail can lead to hair loss over time. If the hair is pulled in a tight position for a long time and over the course of years, it will train the hair strands to grow closer to the surface of the scalp. As a result, the strands of hair growing closer to the scalp are more prone to get damaged and fall out. Usually, the hair on the front of your head tend to be most affected by such tight hairstyles. If possible, opt for a looser hairstyle or let your hair down and free.
- Invest in a good shampoo. Do you ever wonder what’s in your shampoo? The next time you are in the supermarket, look at the ingredients on a few of the shampoo bottles and compare them. Many supermarket brand shampoos contain the same igredients found in cleaning detergents. This is why stylists in salons are recommending, or should be recommending, a salon brand shampoo from companies such as Bumble & Bumble, Moroccanoil, etc. All shampoos may be able to clean your hair, but that doesn’t mean that they’re all created equally. Harmful chemicals should always be kept away from your hair, so invest in a good shampoo. Ask your stylist if you have any trouble picking one out because they may be able to recommend a good shampoo that will work best for your hair.
We hope that you are able to start using some of these techniques in your routine to keep your hair as healthy as possible. After all, it’s a new year so a healthy and beautifly hairstyle will only serve to boost your confidence towards your other new year goals!